DANIEL PETTER SIMONSEN JØNNEVAL
Utreist med/Emigrated on: the bark "SALVATOR"
Utreist til/Emigrated to: Oconomowoc township, Waukesha Co., Wisconsin
Daniel Petter Simonsen Jønneval: He was born on the farm Jønneval in Gjerpen April 27, 1821 by parents Simon Danielsen Jønneval and Dorthea Pedersdatter. He emigrated 1843 and married June 22, 1847 Inger Margrethe Gregoriusdatter Tufte, who emigrated in 1844 with her parents Gregorius Nielsen Tufte and Maren Gurine Jensdatter. She was born June 13, 1821 on the farm Tufte, and she died April 11, 1858 and is buried at Stone Bank Luth. Cemetary. Daniel Petter died December 10, 1901 and is buried at Ashippun Lutheran Cemetary. They had the following children: Simon b. May 3, 1849 Martin Gregorius b. Aug 10, 1851 Hans Andreas b. March 1, 1854 Annine Dorthea b. Dec 25, 1856 Daniel Petter was, together with Hans and Nils Gasman, the first settlers in Dodge Co, close to Ashippun.
(1) Part in Italics submitted by Roger Johnson of the Ashippun settlement in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
(1) DANIEL PETER
-1 Simon Danielsen Jonneval (Jonnevald) & Dorthea Pedersdatter 1. Daniel Peter Simonson Jonnevald (4-27-1821 to 12-10-1901) m. Inger Margrethe Tufte, b. 6-13-21 on the farm Tufte in Gjerpen, on 6-22-1847. (See Gregorius Nielsen Tufte file.) Daniel was born on the farm Jonneval in Gjerpen. Immigrated in 1843 from Gjerpen on the bark, Salvator. Settled in the Town of Oconomowoc. He homesteaded what later became the Elmer Peterson farm on Townline Road just south of the Town of Oconomowoc/Ashippun line. He was one of the charter members of St. Olafs Congregation when it was organized on 12-8-1844. He was a trustee at St. Olafs in 1862, 63, and 64. Inger immigrated in 1844 on the Salvator with her parents Gregorius Nielsen Tufte & Maren Gurine Jensdatter. (See Tufte file.) Inger died 4-11-1858 & is buried at St. Johns at Stone Bank. Daniel then married Maren Johnsdatter on 3-7-1866 at St. Olafs Parish. They were married by H.S. Reque. Daniel
Petter died 12-10-1901 and is buried at St. Olafs. Sophie & Annie Johnson (or Aslakson), daughters of Aslak Johnson, lost their parents when still minors. They were cared for by Daniel & Maren Simonson. (See Aslak Johnson file.) A descendant is Alma Rosenheimer. The Rosenheimers were from the Slinger area.
Daniel & Inger had the following children:
2. Simon b. 5-3-1849 Born at St. Olafs Parish
2. Martin Gregorius b. 8-10-1851
2. Hans Andreas b. 3-1-1854
2. Annine Dorthea b. 12-25-1856
(1.) Daniel Peter Simonson Jonnevald (4-27-1821 to 12-10-1901) Daniel Peter Simonsen arrived in St. Olaf’s Parish on 3-3-44 per church records. m. Inger Margrethe Gregoriusdatter Tufte (6-12-1821 to 4-11-1858), daughter of Gregorius Nilsen Tufte & Maren Gurine Jonsdatter, from the farm Tufte in Gjerpen on 6-22-1847 at Pine Lake. She immigrated in 1844. (See Gregorius Nielsen Tufte file.) Daniel was born on the farm Jonneval in Gjerpen. Immigrated in 1843 from Gjerpen on the bark, Salvator. Inger immigrated in 1844. Daniel settled in the Town of Oconomowoc. He homesteaded what later became the Elmer Peterson farm on Townline Road just south of the Town of Oconomowoc / Ashippun line. Simonsen sold the farm to Jens Olson Kise and his wife, Annie. Daniel Simonson is listed as one of the first settlers of the Town of Oconomowoc. Daniel Simonsen was one of the charter members of St. Olaf’s Congregation when it was organized on 12-8-1844. He was a trustee at St. Olaf’s in 1862, 63, and 64. Inger immigrated in 1844 on the Salvator with her parents, Gregorius Nielsen Tufte & Maren Gurine Jensdatter. (See Tufte file.) Inger died 4-11-1858 & is buried at St. John’s at Stone Bank. Daniel then married Maren Johnsdatter (10-25-1836 to 7-29-1905) on 3-7-1866 at St. Olaf’s Parish. She was a daughter of Ole Johnson and a sister of Aslak Johnson (See Ole & Aslak Johnson file.) Daniel & Maren were married by H.S. Reque. They had one child, Johan. We have an auction bill for Daniel Simonson’s auction at his residence in Sec. 1, T. of Oconomowoc to be held on 10-24-1891. Daniel Peter died 12-10-1901 at age 80 per St. Olaf’s death records and is buried at St. Olafs as is Maren. Daniel was listed in the death record as living at Oconomowoc, Wis. at the time of his death. Sophie & Annie Johnson (or Aslakson), daughters of Aslak Johnson (Maren’s brother), lost their parents when still minors. They were cared for by Daniel & Maren Simonson. (See Aslak Johnson file.) A descendant is Alma Rosenheimer. The Rosenheimers were from the Slinger area and possibly living in Brookfield. Much of below info. from Gordon Soholt at email@example.com who is a descendant of Simon Simonsen.
(children of Daniel & Inger)
2. Simon Simonsen b. 5-3-1849 Born at St. Olaf’s Parish. Confirmed in 1864 per St. Olaf’s conf. records. m. Anne Ramstad (? to 2-6-1888) abt. 1889 in Moorehead, Minn. Simon along with his brother, Hans and Hans’ wife, Annie Ovelson, all immigrated from the Moorehead area, I presume to the Kingman, Alberta, Canada area in 1894. They were among the first to settle in this area. They had five children. Simon then married Lena Mathilde Bjerkeg b. 2-6-1872 at Oslo, Norway.
Children of Simon & Anne
3. Henry Peter Simonsen b. 4-4-1881 at Fargo, N.D.
3. Clarence Lorang Simonsen b. 7-22-1882 at Moorehead, Minn.
3. William Richard Simonson b. 4-24-1884 at Moorehead
3. Oscar Carlot Simonson b. 2-26-1886 at Moorehead, Minn.
3. Anna Matilde Simonson b. 2-2-1888 at Moorehead, Minn.
Children of Simon & Lena
3. Alfred Martinus Simonson b. 10-20-1890 at Moorehead
3. Alfred Martinus Simonson b. 12-25-1891 at Moorehead
3. Mamie Awedia Simonson b. 12-16-1892 at Moorehead
3. Daniel Cornelius Simonson b. 7-9-1894 at Moorehead
3. Inger Margaret Simonson b. 4-2-1896 at Kingman, Alberta, Canada
3. Selma Lendra Simonson b. 6-18-1899 at Edmonton, Alberta
3. Lillie Katrine Simonson b. 9-3-1900 at Kingman, Alberta
2. Martin Gregorius Simonsen b. 8-10-1851 m. in 1882 to Julia Thygesen at Rock River (St. Luke’s Parish).
2. Hans Andreas Simonsen b. 3-1-1854 Confirmed in 1869 per St. Olaf’s conf. records. Moved to Moorehead, Minn. with parents. m. Annie Ovelson. Immigrated from Moorehead, I presume, to Kingman, Alberta in 1894 with his wife and his brother, Simon.
2. Annine (Annie) Dorthea Simonsen b. 12-25-1856 m. Peter Scramstead. Moved from Moorehead, I presume, to Kingman area on 2-1-1901.
(child of Daniel & Maren)
2. Johan (Johney) Peter Simonsen (abt. 1867 to 1887) Confirmed in 1882 at age 15 per St. Olaf’s conf. records. Born abt. 1853 per 1800 census. We have a copy of a telegram sent to Daniel Simonson from an L.V. or D. Simonsen from Moorehead, Minn. on 5-8-1887 asking if they should send the body of one of his sons, Johnnie, home. The telegram read: “Johnne died this morning. Do you want him sent home? Answer Quick.” Johney was buried at St. Olaf’s. The Ashippun History Committee has a book of Bible history which belonged to Johney and has his name and confirmation date in it. We also have his signature in an autograph book belonging to Ed Tufte.
© 1997 - Skien Genealogical page - by Jan Christensen